Monday 3 October 2016

Raspberry Pi 3.0 - Retropie and Amibian

I spent a happy few hours on Sunday just gone updating and copying ROMs over to the Pi 3.0. I have decided to limit the number of emulators I want on the system to keep it realistic, and to be honest do I really want ROMs for game systems I have no interest in?

I managed to get the PC Engine running beautifully, along with the Neo Geo finally. The Neo Geo is a console I have wanted to emulate for some time...and finally it happened. My previous attempts were using an older version of RetroPie meaning I had to sort out the controllers manually as well as the options to add coins etc. I got a chance to play Metal Slug, and will not populate the SD card with the rest.

I also pulled over some PS1 games too as the Raspberry Pi 3.0 runs them as good as the original hardware.

Each new version of RetroPie makes the process easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment