Tuesday 6 September 2016

3 Raspberry Pis and 3 Projects

Right well I now am the proud owner of 3 Raspberry Pi computers.

A classic B+, a Raspberry Pi 2.0 and now 3.0.

Why the hell have I bought another Pi when I have 2 that I really just dont use as it is.

Well my intention is to fully utilise them in the following configurations. I had no intention of buying a 3.0 as I didnt really see the point as I already was "happy" with that I had and didnt use, but the 3.0 has a dedicated Amiga emulator that runs the operating system perfectly. I have been considering buying an Amiga A600 as I wanted to get back into the retro computer before.

So the Raspberry Pi 3.0 becomes my Amiga machine, so what of the other 2?

Raspberry Pi 2.0 will become my Kodi device of choice. I recently got into Netflix and while I enjoyed the service I didnt use it enough to justify the monthly subscription. Well enter Kodi a software and service thats been around for so long now, Im embarassed I havent really used it before. The Pi 2.0 will now sit in the lounge, hard-wired to the internet with a lovely little bluetooth keyboard and trackpad.

And as for the Pi B+? Well that will finally become my 8 and 16 bit retro machine emulator. I know the Pi 2.0 and above runs a few of the SNES and Playstation games better than the older Pis, but those games I really want and the B+ cant run, I already have in original format.

No comments:

Post a Comment