Wednesday 30 December 2015

My Retro-Set Up December 2015 Edition

Hi all, I've finally gotten my retro gaming set up almost exactly where I wanted it. It has gone through several iterations looking for the best arrangement.

A Bang & Oulfsen 32" television. If you look closely the TV is on a proper B&O stand (its metal and solid wood as it weights a ton).
There is double SCART input, but I have everything running through a SCART switcher.
There are two towers of consoles, each one is covered by a black table placemat to protect from dust, and also from sun bleaching/discolouring.
Power is supplied to the entire set up via a single switch, meaning none of the consoles are left in standby mode.

On the left at the top is my Lego Dimensions base and collection, and is home to my Nintendo console collection.

  • Shelf 1 - SNES
  • Shelf 2 - Nintendo 64
  • Shelf 3 - Gamecube
  • Shelf 4 - Modern console controllers

On the right is my Sega console collection, topped of by my Amiibo and Disney Infinity character collection.

  • Shelf 1 - Megadrive
  • Shelf 2 - Saturn
  • Shelf 3 - Dreamcast
  • Shelf 4 - Retro console controllers.

Hiding under the TV shelf is a Playstation 2 slim, which doubles as my Playstation 1 console. And beneath that is a very underused Wii Fit board.

My future plan is to put an LED spotlight under each shelf to illuminate the consoles, as well as putting in a much bigger SCART switch that changes SCART channel automatically.

No comments:

Post a Comment